Colorado Backcountry Adventures
Explore Colorado’s Backcountry
Surround yourself with breathtaking mountain scenery on one of our incredible Colorado Backpacking trips. Explore the mountains and the beauty they behold as you backpack through spectacular alpine meadows filled with gorgeous wildflowers and serene alpine lakes. Enjoy the breathtaking beauty of God’s creation from one of Colorado’s extraordinary peaks on this phenomenal Multi-Day Adventure.
Life Changing Excursions
Our guided backpacking trips are challenging and fun catalysts that can take your group to new levels in community and purpose as you seek a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ. Surrounded by the breathtaking beauty of Colorado’s high mountains and infused with solid, Biblical teaching, these guided wilderness trips are nothing short of life changing.
- Throughout the ages, God has used wilderness as a training ground for those He was preparing for service. Moses, Paul, Elijah, David, and yes, even Jesus spent significant time in the wilderness before beginning their life of service.
- Simply being in the wilderness removes many of the distractions that can steal our focus, replacing them with focused time in God’s Word and a supportive and encouraging community.
- Backpacking can give you focused, intentional time to invest in each person in your group. Did you know that 6-day backpacking trips give a youth pastor or leader more time with each student than they typically get with an entire year of youth group meetings? This is why backpacking trips are so effective!
What Our Guests Are Saying
What to Expect
Fully customize our Backpacking Trips for your group
Our guided backpacking trips are designed to bring the focus to Jesus Christ. Mornings begin with breakfast and time to be alone with Jesus in the peaceful mountain meadows. Throughout the day, engage in deep spiritual conversation with your guide as you take in the beauty of the terrain. Our guides love to use God’s creation as a foundation for their teachings and will share several Spiritual Analogies throughout the week using the wilderness as a tool. Evenings are spent together around a campfire as we worship and grow, learning from God’s word with a message prepared for you by one of our guides.
Our guides have a true heart for Christ and are intentional about making Him known. The activities, schedule, and spiritual content in these Colorado backpacking trips are fully customizable to the meet needs of your group.
- Monday: Arrive at 9am, checkout gear, drive to trailhead, and get a few miles in on the trail before dinner.
- Tuesday: Hike up along a beautiful creek to a meadow or alpine lake campsite.
- Wednesday: Hike over a ridge, drop packs, and climb to the summit of a peak. After some time on the summit, descend to another campsite just below tree line.
- Thursday: Spend the day backpacking to the trailhead as you enjoy the wildflowers along the way.
- Friday: Enjoy a Solo time in the morning before backpacking out to the trailhead and driving back to our Texas Creek or Royal Gorge headquarters.
- Saturday: Raft Bighorn Sheep Canyon or the Royal Gorge and then depart after we share lunch together.
About the Routes
Our guided backpacking trips take place in Colorado’s beautiful and rugged mountain ranges such as the Sangre de Cristo Mountains or the San Juan Mountains.
These backpacking trips last 3-8 days and average about 5 miles a day. Most treks start above 9,000 ft. in elevation; reaching ridges as high as 12,000 ft. and peaks above 13,000 ft.
Build the Perfect Adventure
What's Included & What to Bring
All tents, meals, and necessary group gear are included with all of our guided backpacking trips. Backpacks and sleeping pads are available upon request at no additional charge.
What to Bring
All you need is your personal clothing, rain gear, sleeping bag, quality hiking footwear, and any additional personal items you would like. Download a comprehensive packing list.