Join Our Team
Thank you for your interest in serving with us at Journey Quest! We seek staff who have a passion to know and serve Jesus Christ, a heart to minister to youth and families, and a desire to serve in an outdoors-based wilderness ministry. Each season we hire a small guide team to serve our guests. We also hire a few additional weekend and on-call staff-members. The benefits of working with Journey Quest include: lots of time on the river and in the mountains, opportunities for community, spiritual growth and discipleship, excellent training, time for outdoor pursuits, discounts on gear, most Sundays off, and being a part of a family atmosphere.
How to Apply:
- Download and complete a Staff Application Form and mail or email it back to Journey Quest (be sure to keep a copy for your records).
- Request recommendations to be sent directly to Journey Quest from at least three references. These can be other employers, pastors, ministry leaders, and close friends who know you well.
- Online Version of Staff Reference Form — You can copy and paste the following URL into an email you send each reference: https://journeyquest.org/employment/reference/
- Printable Version of Staff Reference Form — Download and print this version if your reference would rather fill out the form and mail it to us.
What to Expect:
Once your application and references are received, Journey Quest will contact you to set up an interview. Journey Quest will evaluate each applicant based on qualifications and alignment with our mission, core values, and statement of faith. In addition, we will review and/or contact your references.
- Job offers will be made to the best applicants.
- New guides will be required to be part of our intensive training which starts in mid-May and can take 3-4 weeks.
- Upon accepting the job offer, Journey Quest will discuss starting dates and other details regarding the ministry season.